Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. To email this position to a friend, click on the Email to a Friend link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
Please see Special Instructions for more details.IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com. References refers to a list of professional references and their contact information. Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire. This posting will close at midnight MST on the closing date.
|Position Title||CAMP Recruiter|
|Position Number||E 568|
|Salary for Announcement||
The salary range for this position is $35,530 – $43,669. The final salary will be commensurate with experience and education.
|Department||CHS - Chicana/o Studies|
|EClass Code||Full Time Administrators|
The MSU Denver CAMP Recruiter will actively recruit students for the program and develop a recruitment plan to include outreach to statewide high schools, GED programs, adult education programs, agricultural employers, migrant/seasonal farm worker programs, and the community at large. Will also work in collaboration with recruitment staff to coordinate recruitment events, maintain student files, participate in local, state and regional recruitment fairs and outreach programs, conduct presentations, analyze and evaluate recruitment needs and perform other recruitment duties as assigned.
This is a grant funded program entering the third year of a five year cycle. A new application will be rewritten and submitted Fall 2020
Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer.
50% – Recruitment
20% – Pre-College Presentation/Workshops
10% – Student Support Efforts
10% – Supervise recruitment student staff.
5% – Program Information Gathering
5% – Other Duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Counseling, Social Sciences, Education or a related field.
• A minimum 1 year experience working with the Migrant/Seasonal farm worker community.
• Experience providing students and their families information about college.
• Experience recruiting students for a program or college.
• Experience conducting workshops or presentations.
• Experience coordinating pre-college efforts in collaboration with high schools, or colleges or community resources.
• Fluency in both the English and Spanish languages: speaking, reading, and writing are required (Please Note: this must be specifically addressed in your application materials and will be assessed in the interview process).
• Master’s degree awarded or in progress in Counseling, Education or a related field.
• 1 or more years recruiting experience with the Migrant/Seasonal farm worker community is preferred.
• Experience with developing working relationships with high school guidance counselors and administrators.
• Prior experience working with a CAMP, High School Equivalency Program (HEP) or similar program is preferred.
• Experience supervising and assigning tasks to staff.
• Experience working in higher education.
• Experience creating and implementing a workshop or presentation in Spanish and English.
• Knowledge of the college financial aid application process.
• Knowledge in devising a state wide recruitment plan for Migrant/Seasonal farm worker students.
|Closing Instructions||Close on Closing Date|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
This posting will close at midnight MST on the closing date.
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Do you have a bachelor’s degree in Counseling, Social Sciences, Education or a related field?
Do you have fluency in both the English and Spanish languages: speaking, reading, and writing are required (Please Note: this must be specifically addressed in your application materials and will be assessed in the interview process)?
What is your current salary?
(Open Ended Question)
Thank you for considering employment at Metropolitan State University of Denver! We would like to know how you heard about MSU Denver and our Career Site. Please select the category below that describes how you heard about the position you are applying for.
- msudenver.edu Career Site
- A friend or colleague
- Colorado State Home page
- Local online job posting site - Andrew Hudson Job site
- Local online job posting site - MNM Non Profit Job Bank
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Scholarly Hires job posting site
- Hispanic Outlook
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Current MSU Denver Employee